Sunday, November 8, 2009

Adventures in Applique

Here's a peek at what I've been doing off and on this week:


I've been drawing a lot of faces lately and I decided to translate one into fabric. Everything went smoothly until it came time to do the facial features...I just couldn't figure out out to hand applique them using my favorite technique (freezer paper on the wrong side of the fabric), so, I fused them into place. I really didn't want to fuse, but it was the only way to get this impromptu project off my plate and into the "almost finished" pile. I haven't finished the raw edges of the fused pieces (still thinking about that) and she still needs to be squared up (cropping is such a wonderful thing!).

I think I'll name her "Bernice". :)

2 comments:

  1. I think maybe fuseable web is about the only way to do the features on the face. Looks good. I like it. Reminds me of Lucy, maybe it's the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she does remind me of Lucy because of the hair. :)

    ReplyDelete