Monday, October 12, 2009

Stripes...Too Much of a Good Thing!

I 'll have to admit that I love quilts with a little "dissonance". I think this design that I came up with yesterday had just a tad too many stripes.

We'll start with the block:
It sort of looks like something you'd see at an exit on the interstate, right? Not too bad by itself, but not really a pretty block.

Next, I took the block into the Quilt Worktable of EQ and this was the result:


Oh my stars!!! This thing makes me dizzy every time I look at it! I know the contrast of black and white adds to the dizziness of the design but even when I tried other light shades, the effect was the same.

I think I'll put this in the "Quilts That Should Never Be Made" file! :)

2 comments:

  1. I rather like this design. It could be fantastic if made with lots of colors, values, and intensities ... no two blocks alike. In my opinion, it would be lots of fun to play with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd not thought about no two blocks alike...that could really be the answer to this. I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete